Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-04-2005 , 01:54 AM

Odd...

Something's going on and every once in a while (after like 2-6 hours of work) Maya decides to disallow alt-mouseclick ways of modifying the viewpoint... instead it replaces them with what appears to be the "zoom window" command... for all three...

Is there something I did? Because resetting the program works... but its quite frustrating during for instance UVmapping a model for a competition I need to post most likely tonight/tomorrow. (its 12:30 now... its fairly easy of an unwrap and I just decided a little bit ago to do it.)

# 2 01-05-2005 , 10:19 AM
hm, besides some mysterious malfunction of the software did you ever have a look at the virtual memory occupied when this happens? how much RAM do you have?

# 3 02-05-2005 , 01:13 AM
Never looked at the Virtual Memory consumption -- but I have a 30 GB partitian on a 250GB drive which is only ~35% full.