Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-06-2005 , 08:15 PM

Gelato

Now that I softmodded my graphics card to a Quadro, I was wondering how Gelato stacks up in the renderring enivironment; never actually saw any of its prices but with the ~700$ US I saved I could put it towards the renderer after the demo.

(Note to the moderators: It can't actually be illegal to use Gelato with a softmodded Quadro, that would be forcing sale of a product to use another, which violates antitrust laws... they don't need to distribute their products to a wide audience, but they can't single out an audience solely because they're not using their components for another one of their components... they can however increase the price of the Gelato rediculously stating it was an unlabled "bundle" deal -- but I can still use my softmod on it due to monopolization laws)

My major reason for not using Pixar-compatible renderers (I tried 2 of the "sourceforge.net" ones) was due to the shader transfer and lack of maya integration... is Gelato relatively Maya perfectly integrated?

# 2 22-06-2005 , 06:03 AM
Gelato is still in the beta stage. Right now it is not well integrated with Maya....