Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-07-2004 , 02:09 AM
EvoxReloaded

Rendering with multiple CPU's

not as in 1 computer 2 cpus but 2 seperate computers... i was looking for a way for my primary to see the cpu on the secondary so i can use both of my computers to render scenes... all ive heard so far is PlugIn = Spider

Has anyone else done this?? im sure someone has

# 2 06-07-2004 , 12:46 PM
Subscriber
Actually, it doesnt 'see' the other CPU, it see another installation of maya and copy the needed files on that node and each one render half of the job.

You can do this without license problem if you use the maya renderer, but for mental ray, I have heard hat you need to buy additional licences at a ridiculous price. So you might want to check that out if you use MR...

There are a few software that can help you do this, do a search on google for : maya render node software and you should get some names.

# 3 06-07-2004 , 04:35 PM
EvoxReloaded
awesome thanx for the info man ill get on it now...

# 4 06-07-2004 , 04:42 PM
EvoxReloaded
will i need a plug-in specifically for maya 6 ?? i can only find them as high as 5.. will they still work??

# 5 06-07-2004 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Sorry, I have no idea, but my guess would be no. You better write a mail to the developper of the plugin for infos.

# 6 06-07-2004 , 05:09 PM
EvoxReloaded
well ive found a few different node plugins it would be great to get other users input on this one..