Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-03-2004 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber

rotation problem

Hi all,
Here is the problem!
When I rotate my charactor 180° it becomes dark on one side. There are no lights in the scene and even if I put some in it still does the same. there are no placed textures just simple colours, and all items have good UV's.

does anyone know why this happens or what I'm missing??

cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-03-2004 , 01:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hmm, possibly try Edit Poly > Normals > Set Vertex Normals.

# 3 10-03-2004 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
Hi mike, just tried that but it just smoothed out as if applying loads of ambient to the colour loosing all definition. when I import it into the final scene it seems ok, wired.
Can i take this opportunity to ask you a question, I work for an illustration company and we are leaning towards more educational interactive game prduction. Do you think that we should look at apps like virtools or renderware to help finalise the product or use director? what would you recomend?

cheers mike

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 10-03-2004 , 02:34 PM
The Maya Mountain
fraid I don't have experience with those apps to make a knowledgable recomendation. Sorry.