Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-08-2005 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

Gromit!

this was as hard as i tried to make the head of grommit from the small cartoon seiries of "wallace and gromit" and i would be happy to tell anyone anything about my model

user added image

# 2 21-08-2005 , 09:55 PM
look good.but the dog look like he reflect the wall.i would like to see the wire and other image of your dog.

# 3 21-08-2005 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber
i got the wire frame but its high ploy , oh yeh and do you know what sort of material can get a nice cartoon look to it without a reflection , oh yeh and i have the model of wallce i made aswell , however he just doesnt look right im not sure what it is , if you can see what is rong please explan and give me a quick brief , i am keen to learn :attn:

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 4 23-08-2005 , 01:21 AM
look good.i love your style. for a good cartoon dog material... you can use a blinn material and put reflection to 0 or turn off ray tracing. texture will make your dog look a lot better.keep up the good work.

# 5 23-08-2005 , 01:24 AM
i think there is too much polygone on your character.its not a big problem, it will only render slower.i am looking foward to see your final project.user added image

for your wallace, i dont know him but he is looking good.maybe his face is too plate(i dont know if i can say plate in english lol)

Last edited by mc-fleury; 23-08-2005 at 01:27 AM.
# 6 23-08-2005 , 01:41 AM
Your picture of Gromit is very close to the original, but his nose is a bit too extended.
Wallace's mouth is a bit wider too; See picture below.
Other than that, you're doing really good user added image

Cheers,
Leouser added image

Attached Images

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 7 23-08-2005 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber
ty for all the help , but i just bought the free frog tutorial and i want to finishish that first , then ill move back to wallace and frommit and come back with a even better version of them