Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-11-2002 , 12:50 PM

Orthographic camera

Hi,
I need to make an animation with orthographic camera and need to zoom in/out. I tried to use the orthographic width but I found is not a keyable proprietes. When I do the playback I can't see the zoomig. If there anybody knows how to do this PLEASE PLEASE, HELP ME!!!

Hi there,
# 2 01-11-2002 , 03:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
I believe you can key the position of the ortho cameras. View > Select Camera and key the channels you need.

# 3 04-11-2002 , 02:28 PM
That should work theliviu, What mtmckinley suggested.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 04-11-2002 , 04:35 PM
Subscriber

Re: Orthographic camera

Originally posted by theliviu
I tried to use the orthographic width but I found is not a keyable proprietes.

wrong, the width is keyable, though not though the simple "s" trick. you go to camerashape and in orthographic section you set a key for the width (right click and set key). it works well user added image

and if you dont change the up axis of cam too much, you can even make the cam move in orthographic - but easier to switch off orthographic, move camera, set keys for cam, and switch back on orthographic, and you see it in orthographic. but yucc, eyes dont like orthographic too well - just looks wrong