Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-09-2006 , 06:31 AM

Image Planes and References

Hello again,

I want to create some reference drawings before starting a model, my book says to just add them as image planes in the viewpoint window I want them in (Side, Front etc) and lower the transparency, which is fine.

However, in other tutorials I have seen they have the images in the background of the view point, far behind the model, and they references do not show in the Pers window.

Yet mine always show in all windows, leaving me with a big ' X ' of the images in the Pers window.

Does anyone know how to simply hide them in the Pers Window? Or was this only available in older versions?

# 2 01-09-2006 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber
It depends on how you are importing your reference images, are
you applying them as textures on planes or as view>image plane>import image. You can just select your reference and hdie it.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 01-09-2006 , 07:17 AM
view image plane > import is the way I was doing it. If I say hide then it hides it completely, not just in the selected viewpoint, unless there is a "hide in this viewpoint" bit I've missed.

# 4 01-09-2006 , 07:26 AM
Subscriber
Try the menus in the viewport themselves, under show>planes, and untick it

# 5 01-09-2006 , 07:27 AM
Righto, thank you and sorry! I'll stop with the nooby questions soon I promise!! user added image

# 6 01-09-2006 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
lol no probs!