Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-01-2009 , 04:34 PM
The Nurb Herd

Windows 7??

What? never heard of it!

i've never even used Vista yet!

...but didn't Vista just come out yesterday? I feel like i'm falling behind the times.

# 2 07-01-2009 , 04:41 PM
Yup been in the pipelines for a bit now.

Its pretty much a response to vista being dogged with problems when it first came out. I've only used vista on virtual machine and I didnt really see that much of a problem with it once you get used to it. Though thats not really a prelonged test in all honestly.

Some of the features on windows 7 looks pretty good, reading an article about it, it seems like its lighter than vista and faster.

I'm running XP and have no thoughts of going to vista unless i'm forced in some way.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-01-2009 , 06:04 PM
I'm doing just fine with XP right now but I've heard Microsoft redeemed themselves with this one... It's supposed to be everything that Vista was supposed to be in the first place...
But we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves user added image
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 4 07-01-2009 , 06:37 PM
Yeah aparantly Benny, thats the blurb.

Think though I'll wait till its been out for a bit till I upgrade.

# 5 07-01-2009 , 07:59 PM
I dunno. Sounds like it may alienate a lot of vista buyers.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 6 07-01-2009 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
it looks like MAC OS.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 7 07-01-2009 , 11:13 PM
I was waiting for that.

Thats like saying maya looks like 3dsmax.

that one car look like another cos its got 4 doors

# 8 08-01-2009 , 12:38 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Well now that you mention it most cars do look similar :p

MS lost me with Vista and im glad i switched

(correct me if im wrong but..) Windows 7 doesnt look like it has anything that mac osx hasnt got....

# 9 08-01-2009 , 01:34 AM
Blue ray maybe?? every new hardware upgrade, not form a short tied list?? ability to resize windows form every corner??......

Oh wait thats just XP or vista......

What do you see in windows 7 thats alredy in OSX?

Last edited by gster123; 08-01-2009 at 01:39 AM.
# 10 08-01-2009 , 01:38 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Ill give you blueray but thats not really a software thing, more a hardware thing (so a mac issue as opposed to a good windows thing)

The last one is quite useless and insignificant but there is a much better hardware selection for pc's....

But lets not make this a mac V pc thread....

# 11 08-01-2009 , 01:47 AM
Yes lets not turn into a mac Vs PC but asking a question like you did with "(correct me if im wrong but..) Windows 7 doesnt look like it has anything that mac osx hasnt got...."

Yawnnn, lets wait till it comes out and see how many mac peeps bang on... which they will....

As you said lets not turn it into a Mac Vs PC debate.

I would beg to differ on the resizing windows, I use it all the time on differing setups as I use all the screen with multiple windows open at once, so messing about with one corner would be a pain (it is if I have to use quicktime)

Last edited by gster123; 08-01-2009 at 01:49 AM.
# 12 08-01-2009 , 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by gster123
... ability to resize windows form every corner??......

Lol I thought I was the only one that got annoyed by that, some might consider that small potatoes, but its actually quit annoying when you multitask.

- Genny
# 13 08-01-2009 , 06:21 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT
Lol I thought I was the only one that got annoyed by that, some might consider that small potatoes, but its actually quit annoying when you multitask.

i'm soooo glad i'm not the only one who gets pissed off at the lack of being able to resize the windows from any bar
seriously, it's a pain in the ass having to drag the mouse all the way down to the lower right corner just to resize the window a bit so you can fit everything into one screen because of the lack of window switching that mac has.
i hate using the little hot spots in the corner of the screen for application and window switching, it's SO disruptive of the workflow
i don't know how you mac users can manage having to take 6+ seconds just to switch between two windows as opposed to 3. may not sound like much to you guys but if you're doing some serious work you'll find having to move the mouse when both hands are working comfortably on the keyboard

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 08-01-2009 , 08:05 AM
Is the "are you really really really sure you wanna do that" dialog still around? :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 15 08-01-2009 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D