Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-01-2003 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber

Fuurrrrrrr question

i just made this simple dog model and put fur on it and it does not show up in every area only on the right side of the body and one fur on the nose.... i tried reversing the normals... but no use... can anyone help me on this please

waiting anxiously,
Tariq

# 2 24-01-2003 , 06:21 PM
Is it polys? If yes, then you might need to edit the UVs...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 24-01-2003 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
yeah you have to play with the UVs
i think its either in polygons or edit polygons, but one has a section called texture, select your dog, go to the texture section under polygon/edit polygon and select automatic mapping, that shud sort it user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 25-01-2003 , 02:02 PM
Subscriber
will try it.... thanx for the replies

# 5 25-01-2003 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
Nem... your answer is refering to texturing the model with fur, isnt it? If the question is about the fur option in Maya Unlimited the question will need a different answer. However, it IS a matter of UV's. The fur are connected to the UV's.

After attaching a fur, use the baldness function in the Paint Fur Attribute Tools the make your model bald, then paint the fur where it ought to be.

Kühl
# 6 25-01-2003 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
Heres a quick example...

# 7 26-01-2003 , 06:30 PM
user added image i wish i could use fur, but i can't get it to render any??
i followed the instructions and turned on 'enable fur' in the fur render globals, but still i get nothing, what am i doing wrong???

# 8 26-01-2003 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
Sorry cant help you Aphex. Mine worked fine right away without changing any options. However, a friend of mine had to turn of his firewall before he could render fur... I dont know why or if it helps you anyway... anybody else know the answer?

Kühl
# 9 28-01-2003 , 09:49 PM
thanx khul, ya did help me user added image , i tried what u said and it worked, i've now figured out why, after first installing maya and running it, it was asking for server rights on everything i touched it seemed, and server rights always get me a bit paranoid, i don't like the thought of my bandwidth being swallowed up needlessy by unessacary application privelages, so i obviously denied the fur thingummy jig net access, which meant no fur render, only problem i've got now is with the damn paint tool, it doesnt want to work for me, even though ive selected the fur descrip, and tool (baldness), it just wont lengthen it or shorten it user added image hmmph

# 10 28-01-2003 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber

Kühl
# 11 28-01-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber

Kühl
# 12 29-01-2003 , 01:12 AM
thanx dood

"https://www-viz.tamu.edu/thelab/tutorials/rlogan/present/fur_pres.html"

Above favourited, excellent link :banana: