Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-03-2009 , 01:08 PM
Subscriber

i think i might have landed myself a freelance 3d job?

as the title suggests, i think i've landed a job,

the company said they might have some mesh clean up jobs for me to do,

now, heres the thing they asked me what my daily rate of pay was,

this is my first freelance job, and wanted to know what i should charge,

i want the daily rate of pay to be competative, so how much should i ask for?,

by the way i'm in england so if anyone could tell me how much i should charge in £'s that would be nice,

Last edited by jali; 28-03-2009 at 01:35 PM.
# 2 28-03-2009 , 03:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Jali

Welll done mate.

Hmm its a tough one especially in the current climate. If its your first freelance job be reasonable as it may help get you more work. But also being freelance does open the door to a better price than if you were an actual employee of the company. I would suggest starting with around 20 quid an hour, 5 hrs is a 100 quid so not a bad days work. But dont go any less than 15 if they haggle. And sell yourself too - thats a must.

Jay

# 3 28-03-2009 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Hey Jali

Welll done mate.

Hmm its a tough one especially in the current climate. If its your first freelance job be reasonable as it may help get you more work. But also being freelance does open the door to a better price than if you were an actual employee of the company. I would suggest starting with around 20 quid an hour, 5 hrs is a 100 quid so not a bad days work. But dont go any less than 15 if they haggle. And sell yourself too - thats a must.

Jay

Thanks for the reply jay, i'll email them asap

# 4 28-03-2009 , 05:09 PM
The Nurb Herd
Nice work! congrats

# 5 28-03-2009 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the comments guys!!!,

just have to play the waiting game now and see what happens,