Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-06-2003 , 09:18 AM
Subscriber

June Challenge - Axel - Normal

I am going to participate for the first time - don't know if I am a newbie or normal - you guys find out...

EDIT: I don't really like te spine around the wheel. Wanted to go for something like a turbine prop. Probably need some kind of mechanism on the back for stability... please comment

Attached Images

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Last edited by Axel; 10-06-2003 at 09:38 AM.
# 2 10-06-2003 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
what is it going to look like? what extreme things can it do?

# 3 10-06-2003 , 11:52 AM
Subscriber
i'ts one half of what I first thought should be a lava prober. the wheels should also function as a kind of paddle ... then I wanted to attach some all terrain feature and got kind of unsure whether this whole thing can "float" on the lava. So I ended up with a amphibian vehicle user added image
I want to combine something like a back stabilizer to also function as a rudder.
...and still thinking....user added image

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 4 11-06-2003 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber

WIP

Here some wireframes:
started with NURBS cyl, lofting CV curves, tangent for the wheels -
the cabin should be able to close (hydraulics), mainly NURBS with some planars and lofting -
the leg is partly Polys, partly NURBS; didn't want to use too much trim and fillet...
still working on a back rudder/stabiliser...
any comment very wellcome - THX

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 11-06-2003 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
that looks really really kewl so far, are those screenshots using the xray shading selected? ( i will be stealing that for my posts user added image)

and being a nurbs newbie... what the heck is tangent?

# 6 11-06-2003 , 02:52 AM
Subscriber
yeah, dude, xray - i like it, too.
a (projected) tangent does nothing else but using a selected surface to alter the shape of a curve. as i am damn bad in explaining this i attached u a pict.. i'm shure some other guys can explain you this better....or select the help under Edit Curves -> Project Tangent -> Opt

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 11-06-2003 , 03:03 AM
Subscriber
ooohhh. I am trying it now! tanx.

# 8 25-06-2003 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
Unfortunately I have to drop out of the challenge - got some work in Europe.
I am looking forward be back in August's challenge again.
CU guys...

EDIT: btw: howard's ballon is definetely my favorite in this month's challenge

Last edited by Axel; 25-06-2003 at 01:16 AM.