Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-02-2009 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber

Vertices/UVs

I'm not sure why this happened, but it seems that for some reason when i opened up Maya today I've been incapable of selecting the vertices or the UV points individually. Instead whenever i grab a vertice/UV, it grabs every vertice/UV connected to it and then some. When I try to move said vertice/UV it moves every other selected vertice/UV along with it with the farthest moving proportionally less than the closer points.

I've been searching everywhere for a setting that might affect this. I've even been experimenting with the preferences and UV and polygon tools to see if anything fixed the problem. I've obviously overlooked something, but I'm tired of wasting time searching.

Anyone got any idea what I can do change it back to how it was? Thanks

# 2 05-02-2009 , 11:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
are you in soft modification/selection mode?

# 3 06-02-2009 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
Perfect Thanks. That was exactly my problem. Sorry, I'm still new at Maya and everything that has to do with digital art...or any art for that matter.

# 4 08-02-2009 , 06:42 AM
Thank you very much. Exactly the same problem here.