Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-04-2009 , 10:57 AM

Army GI Guy

Well My friend bought me the GI Texturing tutorial for my birthday in March.

Pretty awsome gift !! So this is the first texturing i have done, well besides a very basic DT tutorial.

Just wanted to say how freakn awsome I thought it was, I strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn how to do more realistic textures. I learn't so much from this tutorial

Special thanks to Jay (i think he was the tutor)

Here are some renders!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-04-2009 , 10:59 AM
Another one

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 16-04-2009 , 11:00 AM
some of the shaved head action

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 16-04-2009 , 12:30 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah that was me. Good job, glad to have helped you

Jay

# 5 16-04-2009 , 12:49 PM
The "shaved" texture doesn't do it for me. It looks too low resolution and seems to lack color. Otherwise, good job.

# 6 16-04-2009 , 01:16 PM
Hey Blazer

Yeah that was one thing I couldn't figure out, with the lack of color. I was trying to get it so that it would kinda look a soft black color or even deep brown kinda a stubble, kinda like a 9 o'clock shadow.

But i had no idea how to get that result. If you do by any chance please let me know user added image!

As for the resolution not sure what you mean does it look to like pixelated or something like that ?

-Andy

# 7 16-04-2009 , 06:07 PM
I guess you used random noise for the stubble? And the pixels looks way to big to be a single hair. So either fiddle with the texture or increase the image resolution so that the noise get smaller.