Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-09-2010 , 07:26 AM

rendering tips

hey guys, even tho i have 1 year experience in 3d modelling, rendering/lighting always has been my weak point, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips/ online tutorial that could help me with rendering for example how to achieve something close to this: user added image

i recently started to watch penguins of Madagascar and i really got hooked to it, main reason is the quality of their rendering and lighting is so awesome i wish i could achieve anything close to this, but can't find any good tutorials on the net for lighting/rendering so if anyone could show me some good ones i would be glad, or any professional from simplymaya would be willing to make a tutorial for it i would be even more glad user added image

# 2 08-09-2010 , 07:54 AM
There are a few free tutorials on lighting avaialble here, see the anouncement thered.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-09-2010 , 01:36 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
also im not sure if you know rendering passes but thats a good thing to look up also.

# 4 08-09-2010 , 05:40 PM

Originally posted by gster123
There are a few free tutorials on lighting avaialble here, see the anouncement thered.

already looked at them, nothing i don't know already though and yes ozgalis i know how to render in passes too

# 5 09-09-2010 , 07:05 AM

Originally posted by hamidz90
already looked at them, nothing i don't know already though and yes ozgalis i know how to render in passes too

little clarification, i know the basics of render passes, but i don't know it in details.........like playing with parameters to get good quality

# 6 09-09-2010 , 10:23 AM
The Nurb Herd
no point rendering in layers if you cant composite them.