Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 23-03-2004 , 03:29 AM
Subscriber
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 32 24-03-2004 , 06:56 AM
Hey! Looking good! Keep it going. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 33 24-03-2004 , 07:54 AM
Subscriber

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 34 25-03-2004 , 03:44 AM
Subscriber
That looks really good so far. How did those reference shots of Jolie line up? I can never seem to find two good shots of anybody that match up remotely close.

# 35 25-03-2004 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber
I know thats why am pulling my hair

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 36 25-03-2004 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
a litttle update basicly puting lights to see all the problems i still have .the eyes are giving me such a hard time .
but I think she has such nice shape to them that it worth it user added imageuser added image :bandit: user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 37 25-03-2004 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
a lotta defects that have to be worked on .am trying to go for the closest look to hers..gona take a lot of hours still
when I give up ill let you know guys..user added image user added image user added image :p

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 38 25-03-2004 , 04:26 AM
comming along really nice.... Can you post a few renders with some better lighting?

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 39 25-03-2004 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber
uhh Thankx.. its really my first poly head and its overwhelming me . I keep touching my face to see wher everything goes ..lol..coz the image planes are so bad user added image
ok

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 40 25-03-2004 , 04:38 AM
Polys take a bit to get used to the work flow, you will find that all of a sudden it will click and becomes a lot easier.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 41 25-03-2004 , 04:40 AM
Subscriber
:o

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 42 25-03-2004 , 05:01 AM
Post a wire I might be able to give you some suggestions.....

# 43 25-03-2004 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
ok will do .. a quarter view image is great to view errors.....

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 44 25-03-2004 , 05:38 AM
Subscriber
here.... its really not a lot of geometry yet

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 45 25-03-2004 , 05:57 AM
Over all the mesh isn't that bad, you have all the right areas.. Whats wrong with the mesh is you have too many 5 sided faces. The 5 sided faces is causing the model to have the rough look.

The area on the bridge of the nose can lose a lot of the edges and still have a nice smooth look. Also when working with polys it is always a good idea to convert your low mesh to either sub-d or add a poly smooth to it, to see how it will really look. Low mesh looks wierd until you add or convert to a smooth. It will take you so time to see how low you can go with out losing detail.

I attached a picture... the red lines are edges you can delete to help get ride of some of the rough spots. Three rules to follow when working with polys is always try too

A) Keep the mesh as light as possible and covert to sub-d or add as poly smooth as you go to see you smooth mesh. Than just hit z to go back to low mesh. Split polgon tool is your friend=)

B) Use 4 sided faces as much as possible.... you can have 3 sided face in areas like the chin, nose and lips where needed.

C) Try and make the flow of geomerty follow real life musles in a person face, this will make binding and facial animation much easier.

Hope that help and easy to understand..

Kurt

Attached Thumbnails