Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-08-2008 , 06:12 AM
Subscriber

computer room at night

I have not posted in a while been kind of busy. I worked on a scene of a computer room at night. I have a few more elements to put in the room before I am done. I really wanted to practice lighting because I have not in a while. I have just been modeling and texturing.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-08-2008 , 07:01 AM
Hmm.. Looks to me like the side of the computer tower is illuminated a bit too much by the monitor... Especially since the desk isn't quite illuminated as much.

Good job so far. Keep it up! :attn:

# 3 02-08-2008 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
thanks bluethunder. I noticed that to I will adjust it in my next render.

# 4 02-08-2008 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
ive got one too.., a polar bear in a snow blizzard..,

here it is.., what do yu reckon???

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 02-08-2008 , 05:51 PM
very nice

# 6 03-08-2008 , 04:21 AM
Subscriber
do you think i got thee point across?

# 7 03-08-2008 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mirek03
do you think i got thee point across?

I have no idea what your point is.

# 8 03-08-2008 , 11:53 AM
I would hazard a guess that Mirek means that you cant really see anything.

I know its supposed to be a computer room at night, but as its at night you cant see much of the texturing work you've done on the models, so it sort of defeats the object of doing a textruing and lighting project then having it in the dark (other than the screen).

Personally I would change it into a computer room in the morning so you can see the textures and make a nice bright morning feeling.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 03-08-2008 at 01:19 PM.
# 9 03-08-2008 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
ha I am sorry but it was funny cause i could not get what mirek was saying til i seen the explanation lmao ..

man hopefully i am only dumb online and not in real life

# 10 04-08-2008 , 04:42 AM
Subscriber
I understand gster but if he would have read what I said in the post, I say I did this as a lighting project. I am not trying to draw the viewers attention to the details of the texturing. Thanks for the explanation though user added image

# 11 04-08-2008 , 05:03 AM
Subscriber
i have to agree with bluethunder about the lighting on the computer tower... it just doesn't look believeable

but you said you'd adjust it, so we'll see how much better it is in the next render

i'm gonna say this looks like an interesting project user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 04-08-2008 , 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by banksta
I understand gster but if he would have read what I said in the post, I say I did this as a lighting project. I am not trying to draw the viewers attention to the details of the texturing. Thanks for the explanation though user added image

I like that poster but I think the biggest culprit in the lighting is the lack of shadows and cooler tones.

- Genny
# 13 07-08-2008 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber
Gster is correct.., it looks like a poster of maria carey.., this does not look like a lighting exercise at all.., Gsters advice about changing it to a early morn lighting set up would be a far greater and rewarding lighting exercise.

(I did read the post.., hence my response.., my 'picture' was also a 'lighting exercise')

im sorry if you are new to maya.., if you are attempting night shots you might look into HDR images and global illumination.., you just cant lower the levels in PS (or where ever) and call it a 'night scene'

Mirekuser added image

so far this one doesn't cut it YET.., good luck user added image

matt, your no dumb chap on line.., thats for sure.., take it easy.., you are one clever dude., take care user added image

Last edited by mirek03; 07-08-2008 at 04:12 AM.