Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-02-2004 , 08:48 PM

UNDO problems

Hey folks. For some reason when I'm working with a scene in maya I'll find that my UNDO que has been turned off randomly. This is a real pain in the neck, considering I will loose my ability to undo an action in the middle of my work and have to revert to the last saved scene. Does anybody know what my problem is?
by the way, i'm using maya 5.0.

Thanks!

***EDIT***
Does it have anything to do with not having my "cache open?"
From what I read about cache and how it relates to keeping complicated dynamics positioned, it shouldnt be related to the undo command...but still...I have no clue whats going on. GAH IT SUCKS, please help.

AIM me at: Hoochie260
GAH !

Last edited by calypso; 06-02-2004 at 09:12 PM.
# 2 07-02-2004 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
strainge BUG sounding problem. do you have the 5.00 or 5.01 ? they did come out with a small patch to up it .01 that might take care of that. If you already have though... sorry, I don't know.

# 3 07-02-2004 , 02:48 AM
The Maya Mountain
make sure that it's saving your preferences

# 4 07-02-2004 , 03:03 AM
This usually happens after I've saved. But I'm not sure why it wouldnt save the undo settings automatically anyways. Is there some option that allows you to check whether or not it saves all preferences or not?

BTW- using maya 5.0 not 5.1...I'll check out the patch... if i can find one.

# 5 07-02-2004 , 05:35 AM
Thi shas happened to me also. Im using 4.5 and once in a blue moon when I quit and reopen Maya, the undo que is turned off. I've never been able to figure it out, but then again, it doesn't happen that often so I never really worried about it. But if anyone has a solution, I would love to hear it. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 6 08-02-2004 , 07:05 PM
I just installed the 5.01 patch and everything seems to be okay.
Thanks for all ya'lls suggestions