Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2005 , 03:01 AM

ascending descending victorian house.

Currently working on a painting by escher, its a ascending descending victorian house.
https://www.worldofescher.com/gallery/A2L.html

No real lighting or texturing going on just modeling it for now.
Please post your comments!
Thank youuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-03-2005 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber
Cool, I love Escher work. This looks really good so far. You nailed the arched pillars.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 09-03-2005 , 10:21 AM
cool.

You realise that a lot of Escher's pictures only work when viewed from that one angle right? This one included.

I've attached an escher style render of my own to demonstrate.

I think you're gonna encounter some serious issues trying to model this in 3d, unless you really plan out the camera angle trickery involved. Set up a camera for the final render and model it to look right in just that one view.

Good Luck!

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 09-03-2005 , 02:47 PM
Subscriber
Good point. Either create a camera that will be used for the render or create a book mark with camera set at the angle you'll have to render from. That way you can still move around your scene to model different parts.

# 5 10-03-2005 , 02:53 AM
Simply Maya OG
Someone did something like this before. It was one of Escher's peices. If I remember right, they modeled all of it but one tiny part (in the image from the link, one of the step sections just to the left of the top right-most tower), so when the camera was in the right spot, creating the effect in the peice. Its impossible (I think atleast) to actually model it out the way it looks. Ill see if I can find out who did it, so you guys know what Im talking about. user added image

- Hybrid
# 6 10-03-2005 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by mhcannon; 10-03-2005 at 03:25 AM.