Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-08-2006 , 07:57 PM

UV loading issues

Hello everyone,

I'm new to UV mapping in Maya and I'm having some trouble. I have a low poly object of about 2000 triangles of the upper half of a characters body. I started UV mapping him this morning and was just about done when I decided to quit and come back to it later. I came back to it later, loaded the scene, and nothing showed up in the scene. My character is completely missing. The poly count and triangle counts all say 0. In the script editor after loading the scene I get a bunch of these types of messages:

// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polySplit17 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polySplit30 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polySplit34 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polySplit36 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polySplit37 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polyCut8 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polyCut9 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polyCut10 on disabled selection //
// Warning: Can't perform lowpolybody8_polyCut11 on disabled selection //

Is there a fix for this so I don't have to restart on my UV map? If I do have to restart what should I do differently to ensure that this doesn't happen again? Thanks in advance!