Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-05-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber

UV mapping

Hi guys, I have been making a sword master dude and practicing low poly modelling. The model so far looks fine. I am now on the UV part of the tutorial and just assigned a checker texture to the model to look for stretching etc… however the texture doesn’t allow the whole model to be textured. All the vertices are attached and it is a whole model. I have tested it to ensure it wasn’t assigned to another lambert too. I cant work it out! Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sunee

# 2 19-05-2007 , 12:30 AM
Jr.Who
Any pictures? user added image

# 3 19-05-2007 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
[IMG] user added image[/IMG]

just attached a pic!

# 4 19-05-2007 , 02:50 AM
Jr.Who
IÕm a little confusedÉÉ Did you middle mouse drag it onto every area?

# 5 19-05-2007 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I did. I have also tried to do it from the hyershade by assigning the texture. When I select the particular faces that are not textured nothing happens, however the texture is defiantly on there as the transparency can be changed. It just doesn’t want to show the texture.

# 6 19-05-2007 , 06:26 PM
Jr.Who
You UV mapped it and itÕs still doing that? IÕve never seen anything like it before. Sorry I couldnÕt help.
user added image

# 7 19-05-2007 , 09:39 PM
Maybe some of the face normals are not facing the same direction.