Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-10-2007 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber

Umm, Mental ray render issue

Hi, I modeled a gear in maya applied a dgs material to it, made a GREEN image plane with lambert shader...I am using an HDRI image for imaged based lighting...But i am having a problem with the image plane i created being totally black, and also something is happening to the lighting on the gear???I i tried used a blinn instead of a lambert it seems to work, but I want to use a lambert for the image plane and it should work???what the heck...attached a picuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Soulrider911; 09-10-2007 at 02:16 AM.
# 2 09-10-2007 , 11:43 AM

Re: Umm, Mental ray render issue

Originally posted by Soulrider911
Hi, I modeled a gear in maya applied a dgs material to it, made a GREEN image plane with lambert shader...I am using an HDRI image for imaged based lighting...But i am having a problem with the image plane i created being totally black, and also something is happening to the lighting on the gear???I i tried used a blinn instead of a lambert it seems to work, but I want to use a lambert for the image plane and it should work???what the heck...attached a picuser added image

Could be that you gave the computer the wrong path to find your pic or you might have set the matte opacity to black hole or something. Dgs materials always turn things green in the viewport, and you can't see the results until you render.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 3 09-10-2007 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
i turned on final gather,,,and it fixed whatever is going on