Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-08-2003 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber

R.I.P old projects.

I just reinstalled windows and everything else (regular maintenance every year or so). Problem is I forgot to backup one directory.... $My Documents/Maya/Projects. user added image So I'm kind of starting anew. Only things I have backed up is the tank and the workplace, out of luck. Much of the stuff is not good, not completed or simply very basic, but It would have been fun to look back at later.

Thats what you get for stupidity I guess. Back up your stuff people. user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 2 12-08-2003 , 11:17 PM
Oooh......thats gotta hurt......Sorry man.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 13-08-2003 , 01:43 AM
Subscriber
ug. My condolences friend.

# 4 13-08-2003 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
that sucks dude...
What I always do when I install my computer... Is create minimal 2 partitions.
1 partition with Windows and 1 or more with all the other things. So when I have to reinstall Windows, just format the first partition and all my files are safe on the other partition(s). user added image

But that's too late for you user added image

whatever!
# 5 13-08-2003 , 10:46 PM

Originally posted by genius995
that sucks dude...
What I always do when I install my computer... Is create minimal 2 partitions.
1 partition with Windows and 1 or more with all the other things. So when I have to reinstall Windows, just format the first partition and all my files are safe on the other partition(s). user added image

But that's too late for you user added image

Cool tip mate. user added image

# 6 13-08-2003 , 11:43 PM
Yup i have seperate HDS 30 GIG for windows and system stuff including any drivers or fixes for programs. and another hard disk thats 60 GIG with the rest of my stuff. its not that big but i stuff loads of my crap on my brothers computer over the network user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 7 14-08-2003 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
I've seperated my HD's into too many partitions user added image
I've got a c,d,e,f,g,h and i drive user added image ... But I want to go to something like 3... 1 for just windows and programmes, 1 for projects and stuff and 1 for my downloads, movies, etc. (I've got a total of 180G available user added image)

But for me to change these partitions is difficult. Because for example, my DivX partition... is like 30G, how do I backup my movies?!?!

Thank god for PartitionMagic... user added image

whatever!