Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-07-2003 , 09:52 AM

network rendering

is it available without another full version of maya instaled on another comp?

can I combine in network rendering PC and mac?

thanks, sorry for my english user added image

# 2 11-07-2003 , 03:44 PM
Hmmmmm...........I have no Idea on that one. I have never tried it myself. The AW website may have something on this. Sorry I couldnt help.....user added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 11-07-2003 , 04:30 PM
Subscriber
you can have unlimited render machines. they only need to be in the same subnet. you dont need extra licenses. the maya complete renderer will even render unlimited files, if the render server that started the render is unlimited. i am not 100% sure, but i believe the one machine starting the render job needs to have a license.

# 4 11-07-2003 , 04:37 PM
Thats cool. I need to get another computer and start a network render.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 5 11-07-2003 , 11:21 PM
i've got a few machines on my network that i want to set up to network render.. any tutorials out there that can show me how?

i have 5.0 unlimited

-jared

# 6 11-07-2003 , 11:59 PM

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 7 12-07-2003 , 12:07 AM
no i think maya can do netwok renders by default:

from the maya help file:

From the Maya window, select Render > (Save) Distributed Render. The Save/Render window displays.
Enter a file name for the temporary scene file that Maya will save and use to render and click Save/Render. The Dispatcher and Submit Job windows display.
(If the Submit Job window is not displayed, in the Dispatcher window, select Jobs > Submit.)
In the Submit Job window, set the following options:
Name The name of the rendering job.
Start The first frame that you want to render.
End The last frame that you want to render.
Step The increment between frames that you want to render.
Order The order to render frames, either incremental (first to last), decremental (last to first), or binary descent (the middle frame is rendered first, then the middle of each half, and so on, until all frames are rendered).
Pool The group of computers you want to render on. To render on all computers on your network, select WholeSystem.
Scheduling Priority The order that your job will render relative to other jobs. A job with a high priority (for example, 100) will render before a job with a low priority (for example, 0).

Click Submit. The job is listed in the bottom section of the Dispatcher window. The animation will render on all of the computers in the pool.
To submit additional jobs, in the Dispatcher window, select Jobs > Submit and follow step 3.
For more information on Dispatcher and rendering on several UNIX computers, see "dispatcher" in the Maya Rendering Utilities online documentation.

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB