Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 28-09-2003 , 01:54 PM
Absolutely. I salute your fantastic reply Witchy.

# 32 28-09-2003 , 06:31 PM
HAHAAH. My point is, that you guys are saying that its total crap CG. I have never seen anything that complex done so closely to looking real. And yet you guys say its crap. Im my opinion, that is dumb. But thats just me.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 33 28-09-2003 , 06:40 PM
What you fail to realize is that many of your replies, enter the "you guys" territory .. which, angers the many people who have an opinion different than yours. user added image

# 34 28-09-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber

And yet you guys say its crap. Im my opinion, that is dumb. But thats just me.

I am pleased it's just you as, if everyone on earth dismissed views that did not agree with theirs as dumb as automatically and easily as you do, it would make for some very tedious and ill informed debates.

# 35 28-09-2003 , 06:57 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Ultragames
none of you here could make anything HALF that real.

I know people here that work in the US film industry, so i think you will find the above statement to be untrue.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

Last edited by David; 28-09-2003 at 08:29 PM.
# 36 28-09-2003 , 11:30 PM
Indeed.

# 37 29-09-2003 , 04:43 AM
19 year Veteran
Heh, I never said the CG in T3 or reloaded sucked. Just said that Reloaded was better than T3 in my opinion. The CG in both movies were top notch in my opinion.

# 38 29-09-2003 , 10:58 AM
Best CG I've seen in a while has got to be Pirates of the Carribbean.

# 39 29-09-2003 , 11:53 AM
Kevin
wow guys im amazed that people on this site actually found the cg in that fightscene good????

Are we talking about hte same film? the bit where who was flying around his stick kicking about 300 bad dudes and looked like a rubber man?

the cg in this was so poor, its been a long time since a film where so much money has been spent on has looked that crap. Im not sure where you guys watched this but I was in the usa and everyone in the theatre was laughing at this bit as it looked so crud.

And another thing while we are on it... the chase scene, utterly crap! Scenes like this need to look at least half real but the bike never got by 60 MPH!! and for a bike that is capable of triple that speed - this was a joke!

Ever heard a ducati when its roaring up the road?? well it dont sound like that! remember she was trying to escape the twins, which could morph into vehicles, so in fact she should have been belting up that road.

And what the hell was that absolute joke bit where he meet the dude and see himself on the all the tv`s - sticking his fingers up?? I was soooo embarased at this part I had to bury my head in the extra large pop corn that them americans eat user added image

The first installments was one of the best I have seen the second the worst film I have ever seen (except hollywood homicide and the big kahuna - hey dave :p)

# 40 29-09-2003 , 11:56 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by Ultragames
HAHAAH. My point is, that you guys are saying that its total crap CG. I have never seen anything that complex done so closely to looking real. And yet you guys say its crap. Im my opinion, that is dumb. But thats just me.

and dude remember - these are professional - it cost MILLIONS!!!!! NO EXCUSES!

# 41 30-09-2003 , 09:00 AM
Subscriber
the only reason this film costs so much was cos of the way the fx were done, i dont think anyone has ever tried doing anything like that before, so im going to assume a lot of that money went into R&D

and the 2nd film was amazing, not because of the fx or the action, but because of the story

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 42 30-09-2003 , 12:06 PM

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
Best CG I've seen in a while has got to be Pirates of the Carribbean.

Arrrrrh, matey! I'll be agreeing with ye on that one user added image

# 43 30-09-2003 , 12:30 PM
Avast wench! Very vast :p

# 44 06-10-2003 , 05:15 AM
Ok to all you guys who think the 2nd one was POS and who ASSUME that the 3rd one is going to be another POS...Sit back and think and open your mind, free your mind...Its a story and its a very well told story..the only reason that you people PROBABLY dont like it is because you probably:

1) dont understand the movie
2) dont want to understand the movie
3) judge a movie by its graphics and how good it looks (rubber man??)
4) judge a movie by how much action scenes it has (some people thought gladiator was boring because it didnt have enough fighting, a friend of mine is one)
5) didnt like how the screenplay was on the previous matrix's and so you say it sucked..

Have you ever thought of why the directors made it like that? Its because they are trying to tell you a story, if you dont liek it, doesnt mean it sucks, it just means YOU dont like it...

Graphics and Story Telling are on different sides...Yes Neo did look kinda rubbery, doesnt affect the story, because the story of the matrix and its whole philosophy in MY opinion is very unique in our days but if you know history then you can well compare its story with things in the past..

Im just trying to open your guys' eyes who think things sucks..This applies to everything else, not just the Matrix, and not just movies... user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 45 06-10-2003 , 05:27 AM
See, now i would post something like that wonderfull post orgeezim just posted, but you guys saying it was a POS, makes me REALY mad.

He correct though. The graphics do not affect the story. 20,000 leauges under the sea is a great story. The graphics of that movie sucked!! Yeah, they spent millions on the movie. They make EXTREMLY realist human models. All of those Smiths look incredible when they are standing still. The fact of the matter is that we dont have the technolegy to make them look realistic when doign the things they did in that movie.

Also... Think. How is something that is not fisicaly possible, at least for humans, supposed to look real?

About the story. I dont think it was confusing at all. The Architechs speech used alot of words much larger than it should, but computers are no were near simple.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!