Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-09-2020 , 01:02 AM

Adding and subtracting vertices from skinweights

Hi guys,

So I haven't done any skin weighting for a while, but I went in to attach some joints and what I always used to do was go to paint skin weights do my painting and then use the select tool/lasso to clean up those pesky vertices that remain connecting to joints they aren't supposed to. But for some reason I can't seem to get into a mode that will allow me to do this. I can only paint and never selection add/subtract vertices to my selected joint. It used to work fine, just hold shift or CTRL to quickly add and subtract vertices. Now I can't get anything to work!

Going to the selection tool just jumps out of paint skin weights.

I feel like I'm going crazy here as I know I used to do this all the time, anyone know what I'm talking about here?

This does happen to be Maya LT, but I don't think this should be any different in there?

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!