Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-02-2006 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber

Hand Binding?

I'm having trouble binding my hand, I'm incorporating another tut i've seen though obviously it isn't working the way I thought. I have selected the root joint (wrist area) and shift selected the geometry, then smooth bind. though only the wrist area is connected, if I rotate a finger the joints move separately. In short, how or do you know of any tutorials that show me how to bind joints to a hand model? I've searched the tuts in my favourites and google but am struggling.

Thanks

/\/\ike

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 09-02-2006 , 02:19 AM
if you just selected the wrist as root - and - have unfortunately "Selected Joints" checked in the smooth bind optionbox - this might be the answer. just switch to "Joint Hierarchy" or select all of the joints needed. I prefer to choose -> bind to Selected Joints. this way you can forgo the endjoints which have no influence since you donĀ“t rotate them.

hope that helped

# 3 09-02-2006 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
Excellent, that worked a treat. Thanks for your response Falott!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.