Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-05-2006 , 12:31 AM

modelling

any of you know a video tutorial on modelling for firrst timers? i tried the dog tutorial but i got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do next. I've redo it severl times but still no result

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 2 05-05-2006 , 01:17 AM
The dog modeling is as basic as it gets. Unless you do that, no offense, but you won't be able to do almost anything else.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 05-05-2006 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
in my opinion i strongly recommend investing on those digital tutor tutorial dvds. I know they're a little pricy but you just learn the program so much faster imho.

# 4 05-05-2006 , 02:45 AM
Subscriber
or read the manual. its free, with all the answers. just type a keyword user added image

# 5 05-05-2006 , 06:57 AM
better idea. Maya comes with a default set of help files and tutorials. they are extreemly simple and very useful.
Follow the "Poly Modeling: Hammer" tutorial. A good way to start modeling is to start with a cube and use the editPolygons>extrude face tool to create low poly, base shapes, then use subdevides and smooths to create great looking models.:blush: