Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 10-04-2003 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
looking really good...

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 77 10-04-2003 , 08:41 PM
Subscriber
My brain works like a computer search:

Cross reference: Evil, mythical, claw and i got raptor with 7493987254 hits

then my fingers searched google for 20 minutes = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 78 11-04-2003 , 12:12 AM
Hey sorry I didn't answere your question from before but hopefully I did in email... I've been busy and taking a much needed break from stuff but hey ya'll I should be back soon I hope as soon as I get some much needed inspiration! user added image

The model is taking nice shape Pony and if anything and you may be thinking this already, just add some details like rinkles in the skin and some fine cracks in the bone parts! But like you siad you may be thinking this already or planning textures for this! Well I may not be doing much but I'm watching this competition!!! L8 M8

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 79 11-04-2003 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
Seeing the skull in 3d really makes me understand why there was so much criticism about the thickness of the horns from the two different views. Your ref was dead on man the skull looks GREAT.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 80 11-04-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

wire frame.

For all that are wandering just how close it is to the original sketch. I was wandering also. pluse its about time for a wire fraim anyway..

The red is ware its a little off. but around the horns I still have yet to tweek there.. so it could be closer soon.

the green buy the front teath was I desided the teath there needed to be longer and didn't bother to change the sketch. the green on the jaw is becouse I just haven't finished there yet. have to make the width..

# 81 11-04-2003 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
Wicket, well take a brake, is good for you.. you deserve one after last month. still think you did Great !! hay maybe we could get your GunDamn and this guy together for something in one render !! LOL

Vectorman thanks for the coments. will be working on throughs hands soon. and thoughs are good things to serch for on google.. will have to keep thoughs in mind..

# 82 11-04-2003 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
Wicket, oh yeah. about the textures.. yeah a lot of the bone stuf will be just textured.. but the horns I will probly tweek in some wrinkels for groth rings.. as they will probly be big enufe for you to see raised ridges on the edges in a render.. and bump maps don't do that.. cant wait to try textrueing it. !!

# 83 11-04-2003 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber
Man, this stuff motivates me... the more i practice, and push myself, the better I will get.. with time. Anyways, just saying.. this is really good stuff to set as a goal for myself, its great!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 84 11-04-2003 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
jeez talk about fine tuning

# 85 11-04-2003 , 06:21 AM
First time I ever see a reference drawing measure up to the model in such a way, Excellent model pony.

# 86 11-04-2003 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
ADL thanks man!!

M .. LOL thanks. happy to know it. and it aint to bad on the poly count eather.. 1600 faces unsmothed for this side.. its like so much better than the last model, ack ! 40,000 faces just for the upertorso.. (they'll get away from you fast doing things some ways. )

Vectorman, really hasn't bean a lot of tweeking yet. It just go pulled out right to that. Honist man. doing the teath and stuf is ware my time as went.

# 87 11-04-2003 , 08:10 AM
Subscriber
Vectorman is right on there Pony - your reference and your 3d match 100 pro - i was wondering how that was going to turn out with the horns - you had it under control the whole time - what could i have been thinking ?!?

sweet.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 88 11-04-2003 , 09:42 AM
Subscriber

just a little more and tweeks

Well added the jaw.
but posted this pic becouse I started tweeking a little. the lumpyness above the nose I worked on. The eyes sockets are thicker on the rimbs. molers don't have as much of the funy bumps above them. Front teath are a little more rounded.. and .. and.. still working on it.. though considering putting the tweeks aside for now and getting on with the rest..

# 89 11-04-2003 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
crapy angle for the render.. should change the lenz setting to 50mm insted of 35mm.

# 90 11-04-2003 , 11:31 AM
Looks amazing !

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S