Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-03-2004 , 01:48 AM

Converting to UV

I created a Paint FX shrub, then converted it to a polygon object in Maya 5. It created the stem and the leaves as two seperate objects, but the leaves are all connected together.

I need the leaf texture to be put on a UV map, instead using a texture from just Hypershade, and somehow make all the leaves texture correctly, since they are all one big polygon. Anyone know of a way to do this? Or at least a way to split apart each leaf into seperate entities so I can UV each one seperately?

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 2 09-03-2004 , 02:37 AM
The Maya Mountain
Each leaf is probably uv mapped the same. Select the faces you want, edit poly > extract.

# 3 09-03-2004 , 03:09 AM
That made each triangle in each leaf a seperate polygon. Should I combine each leaf's triangles together?

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.

Last edited by Exdaix; 09-03-2004 at 03:16 AM.
# 4 09-03-2004 , 03:43 AM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure Polygons > Tool options > keep faces together is selected