Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 09-09-2012 , 12:38 PM
The Nurb Herd

Not sure what you meant by the render. I want it eventually to look real on my drive at home! user added image

I don't think he knows what he meant by it either.

@travis - its not an ambient occlusion render. its physical sun and sky (notice the shadows?). not sure if you know this, but there is a preset shader for ambient occlusion in maya, its called ambient occlusion.

(its also drag and drop, not drop and drag.)

Hey, this model is coming along. like i said, I'm not the best to help with modeling but i'd help with lighting and shading when you get to that stage. Getting something to look real is a big challenge. i can sympathise with you! Good luck with the project. user added image

# 17 09-09-2012 , 12:38 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 18 09-09-2012 , 12:48 PM
Thank-you guys. I will keep going with this, I think I need another week or so to complete the actual mesh/model.

After this point, I've no idea what to do! haha.

I'll have a go at shading the tyres first I guess and then post some more pictures.

Thank-you for all your help. There's no way I could have even done any of this so far if it weren't for your help etc.

# 19 23-09-2012 , 06:34 PM
update ....

user added image

Need to do the wires, back foot holder thing and then try and research how to shade/colour it.

# 20 23-09-2012 , 06:36 PM
user added image