Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-08-2009 , 11:56 AM
Subscriber

My run of bad luck carries on (no new PC)

The company I ordered my new PC off has gone - disappeared of the face of the Earth along with all my money (About £4000)

Why do the gods hate me ?????

Spoke to the credit card and bank yesterday and told us that we are not covered iva because the invoice was under my name and we used my Girl Friends card details and because I`m not named on her account. Arrrrrr.

The police are looking for the owner of the company and I have been told I am not the only one. They went to the address today and have been told he has left the country.

We cant afford for me to get another PC (unless we get the money back) so my Maya days are still on hold.

Going to pay the £120 to get my laptop fixed now - so hopefully get back to 3D soon

:hug:

# 2 16-08-2009 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber
aaah man that sucks!! £4000 too...

really does suck...

:angery:

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 16-08-2009 , 01:17 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Ah, man... sorry to hear this.

But that's why you either buy your comp from a trusted company, or buy it in person.

4 F-ing grand.... this makes me angry just hearing about it. I hope you find the guy, and your money.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 16-08-2009 , 01:25 PM
Thats really really bad man.

Hope you get your money back some how.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 16-08-2009 , 05:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 6 16-08-2009 , 06:39 PM
EduSciVis-er
That really really sucks... hope everything works out.
So.... what company was this?

# 7 16-08-2009 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Mayaniac

But that's why you either buy your comp from a trusted company, or buy it in person.

I have used this company for my parts for 6 years - every PC I have ever built were mostly parts from this company. I know times are tuff but doing this to a good customer is taking the piss.

The money is nonreplaceable right now thats what really gets me as I know I just cant try some were else.

# 8 16-08-2009 , 11:39 PM
Go to a court or something like that 4000 paunds! WOW . In Bulgaria 4000k are equal to 8-10 months of WORK! WOW!!!!!!

user added image user added image user added image

I'll go for a hunt if i were you and kick his ass ... :angery:

# 9 17-08-2009 , 12:56 AM
Super Moderator
I saw this post earlier and quite frankly, I didn't know what to say.......that is a lot of money. When someone is that dirty about money they usually get whats coming to them by the simple fact that they will screw the wrong person. But of course this doesn't refund your hard earned cash. Hope you get that sorted,:hug:

- Genny