Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-11-2005 , 11:17 AM

F.E.A.R. or how i learnt to stop worrying and love the heat

F.E.A.R. or how i learnt to stop worrying and love the heat

The game is cool, scary at times and stuff...but in fact the scaryest part of the experience is when the asus smart doctor of my 6800GT says the GPU us running at 103ºC (!) (could you contact asus? i think im overheating)(!?!)
They said the 1.02 patch pretty much optimices performace for the 6800 so that every transistor is used... but 103ºC !?! that is ridiculous... or not... at least it doesnt smells like fried electronics... but its scarier than Alma itself...

Can anybody with a 6800GT giveme a reading on their heat monitors? I mean with all the other games and stuff it never went beyond 86ºC (and i tought it was pretty high alrready)

# 2 30-11-2005 , 08:44 PM
WOW I dont have a whatever card u said, but I have a Raedon Xctacy 256, and just to put in some imput, it runs Halo at about 50-55 degrees C, and Maya at around 60 degrees.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 01-12-2005 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
heres mine running maya.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 02-12-2005 , 03:10 AM
Just take the side off your computer, I did. 55 ambient is too much, means your casefan isn't working... it can only go up from there.