Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 21-10-2007 , 07:25 AM
JR,

Actually, if you could post a screen capture of the leg rig you have set up and a description of the way you are handling the piston/cylinder section that would be great.

-Rick

# 77 21-10-2007 , 11:00 AM
Jr.Who
Does this pic explain it for you?
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 78 21-10-2007 , 03:25 PM
Thanks JR,

That is perfect.

Rick

# 79 07-11-2007 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber

Hydro Animation

Hiya,

i spend two Days to get a full working rig for the cude little fella. well, after all it was more than one day only to get the hydros to work.

I keyt out a short animation (no i didn't tweak any tangents) to see how it looks like.

you can DL it at

MechAnimation

Cheers
Mac

btw... maybe i am dumb as hell, but i think the rig ahead won't work well. U use a csSolver, and it will bend the hydro joint. but most interessting - how you gonna move the hydros without messing up the rest?

Attached Thumbnails

..the Force is with me (sometimes)

Last edited by mac762; 07-11-2007 at 05:41 AM.
# 80 07-11-2007 , 06:39 AM
Jr.Who
Mac762, The rig works good for me. The only problem I spotted on yours was that it leans too much to the sides when it moves.
user added image

# 81 07-11-2007 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber

just nosy

hiya,

would be really nice if you could post who you manage to slide in the hydros in a walkcycle. Since i am still a n00B in animation maybe i do something completly wrong.

I tried the rig. Parentet the hydros to the hydro joint and slided it along the y axis of the joint. Worked pretty good to the point i tried to parent the ikHandle to some control curve. The endeffctor wants to maintain its position at the controlcurve (which is correct in terms on point constraints), while the y axis slide bends the upper joint down instead of moving up in y.

I would appreaciate any hint to fix that issue.

cheers
mac

# 82 07-11-2007 , 07:04 AM
Jr.Who

Re: just nosy

Originally posted by mac762
Since i am still a n00B in animation maybe i do something completly wrong.

That makes 2 of us. user added image

# 83 07-11-2007 , 12:01 PM
It would be nice to see how someone with experience rigging would properly rig this model.

The hydros really toss a spanner into the works. I have a version that is working on mine. But I am sure it is not anywhere close to how it should really be rigged.

I plan on animating it over the winter break comming up in a couple weeks.

# 84 07-11-2007 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber

works

well, after all, it is working. I only miss more control in joint 3.
Since it is controlled via IK, i can't rotate it manually.

but... you can't have it all, do you ?user added image

Anyhow, you're right, i would love to see how, for example Kurt who's baby this is after all, would do the rig.

cheers

mac

# 85 09-11-2007 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Nice job on those mechs! I really like the big launchers on MAC762's. I haven't even thought about texturing, let alone igging the one I'm working on yet -- looks complicated. Hopefully, using the ideas you kind folks have put forth, I'll figure it out...
:bow: