Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-03-2018 , 05:22 PM

MTOA error still after copying file over into folder.

Hey All,

For some reason, the Maya 2018 Arnold render errors out and eventually switches to the default Maya software. I've tried copying the new downloaded version over the existing one as a troubleshooting forum for autodesk, suggested.

Any ideas? Someone mentioned perhaps adding the path of it to the Maya.env file, but I'm not sure exactly how it should be typed correctly without messing up Maya.

Thanks!

# 2 18-03-2018 , 05:54 PM
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: Unable to dynamically load : C:/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2018/plug-ins/mtoa.mll
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
//
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
(mtoa) //

# 3 15-01-2019 , 01:47 PM

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: Unable to dynamically load : C:/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2018/plug-ins/mtoa.mll
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
//
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
(mtoa) //

Try to launch MAYA with administrator rights, and check C:/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2018/plug-ins/mtoa.mll about rights too, it helps me, i recover my arnold.

Last edited by lisichenko; 16-01-2019 at 01:45 PM.