Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-11-2014 , 10:09 PM

Is this a bug with Smooth bind: tons of purple lines

Hi, I have been working on a character rig and currently smooth binding it but have these abnormal purple or white lines appearing from the hands to the center of the grid. I don't know why this happens. Basically, think of a character with his arms stretched out. The purple lines go from the hands to the legs all mixed together like webs. The white lines will occur if I opened a save document. They occur even if the character is not selected. They extend from the hands to the center of the grid....and from hand to hand. There like 50 of these lines. I'm using Maya 2015. Strangely, I can continue working painting skin weights and so on. The lines appear as if they are part of the mesh but when I render the character only shows. It is super annoying and would love if you guys new how to fix this problem. Thanks!

# 2 27-11-2014 , 10:44 PM
The thin red line

# 3 03-12-2014 , 07:02 AM
Banned
also there may b many stupid doubts n queries arisin as i will continue to do 3D modelin.. i really expect HELP frm d experts