Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 27-07-2011 , 06:56 PM
Lifetime Member
first of all congratulations to the winner. user added image it was my first ever competition . i did He-Man. I was expecting second place user added image hehe. so i ask judges and the other members to please tell me where i lacked behind. but i know that how much efforts i have put in completing this model. He- Man was my favorite childhood toy. user added image please tell me where i lacked behind

# 47 27-07-2011 , 07:13 PM
Miss_Nova, I really appreciate that you took the time to critique my work. When I have some free time, I plan to go back and improve the piece. For now, I have a trailer for a project that I'm working on that I plan to be screening as the NY comic-con. I'm even spending some vacation time to get things done. But rest assured I will return to the challenges. The thing that I value about these challenges is that they give a goal to work towards, and the deadlines make getting something done more realistic as far as time management. It helps me to learn how to do things, that I otherwise would have avoided learning. I'm a better person for it.

Thanks again.

Life is a funny thing,
Beauty is a blossom,
If you want to get your finger bit...
Poke it at a Possum.
# 48 27-07-2011 , 07:33 PM
Lifetime Member
please someone critique my work alsoo. user added image i did the He-Man. please tell me where i lacked behind. please.

# 49 27-07-2011 , 11:27 PM
Lifetime Member

Ah now.

Yeah it was a shite of a challenge to judge, I was there!! I found myself going back and forth over every thread, more than once...it was hard.

As with every challenge a winner will always stand head and shoulders above the rest regardless of whether it was photoreal or not, thats how a comp works does it not. My personal choice for second place was overruled in the the end, I dont mind, it was an executive decision and the right one.

if you want stiff competition and rules up to your armpits go and enter the cgsociety challenges. Then youll complain the rules are too strict...

also what you gotta remember there are no sponsors here either so the first prize here has to be really justified, so have a think about that too, where did the first prize come from??

If I were to offer some advice to those who didnt agree with the outcome: Up your game - its as easy as that, if you want it bad enough then you can have it. Thats how a race is won.

Many thanks to David and Nilla for their efforts

rant over next challenge

Jay

I concur Jay.....I was thinking the same thing...whether or not we really need to go down the path where there are so many bloody rules...I think not.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 50 28-07-2011 , 11:05 AM
Congratulations to all of the winners, and the other entries here. Really nice work!!!!!!!!!! it's time now to forget all this and attack this exciting new challenge ....

# 51 31-07-2011 , 02:41 AM
19 year Veteran

I sincerely hope that 'similar' age means I am younger?

Lol, your just a little bit older than me.

# 52 31-07-2011 , 05:24 AM
Lifetime Member
THX,,,BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 53 01-08-2011 , 01:37 PM
Lifetime Member

My Favorite Toy Challenge

Its been a while,thank you very much i didn't expect to won a 2nd place in this contest... there's a lots of beautiful entries out there..and i congrats everybody who participate and there efforts to put in....

Job:1:21;“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
and naked I will depart.[a]
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.”