Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-09-2002 , 04:20 PM

um nurbs..how to attach

um how do you attach a nurbs surface. this is after i turn the surface live. then draW A curve on it. like a circle. then i trim off the un wanted area. then im left with this new nurbs patch. but i want to know how to attach back to the surface.

# 2 08-09-2002 , 06:04 PM
The Maya Mountain
this is one reason I don't like the trim tool... It's practically impossible to attach a trimmed surface to another surface. The reason being: NURBS, mathematically, can only have 3 or 4 edges (most often 4).

If you were to go into CV component mode on your trimmed object, you'd more than likely find that the CVs of the "hidden" portion of your model still exist. In order to create an actual hole in a nurbs object, you have to result to either patch modeling or converting it to polygons.

# 3 09-09-2002 , 12:50 AM
thank you kind sir. i thought it was just me.