SimplyMaya

Welcome back to SimplyMaya. Check out our latest training here.

MAYA TUTORIALS
Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

# 1 17-02-2021, 11:14 PM
Gonzor

Edited UVs distorts texture

Hi everyone! Im having a problem with a mesh Ive modeled and unwrapped its UVs. In the UV Editor shows fine, but in the rendered version, it gets distorted in a weird way unless I dont smooth it. Its the first time it happends to me. Im using Maya 2014. Here are the snapshots of the UV editor and the render test I made. See the dashed line distortion I pointed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guante Issue 1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	58087

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guante Issue 2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	58088

Again, never happened before. I made the UVs and after I smooth the mesh to render with Mental Ray, the UVs were fine. I already try to Smooth Mesh instead of the preview subdivision level, with no luck. Any advise will be really apreciated. Thanx in advance from Argentina.

Reply to this thread