Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 03-09-2003 , 03:42 PM
Subscriber
i had a few issues with the wall hanging not being overly bright. it seemed to me at the time darker was better. i will play with them some more. thank you for your input =)

the scene i think has 3 lights? ill have to go back n check. a directional, spot and ambient i believe. my biggest isses were balancing them out so that the ambient would not wash out the shadows too much but lught the room up enough as to not make it look unnatually dark. the directionla was for the main lighting and shadows and the spot for the lamp of course.

the carpet was a weird one sinc it's just a flat plane with a crazy shag carpet-esque texture. i dont really undertsand how to use or make displacement maps work so i had ot kind of wing it with hoping the bump-mapping would take care of some of the flatness.

i will work on improving this scene when i have some free time heh my current job has me tied up =P

any more tuts or tips are much appreciated. =)