Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-10-2005 , 07:39 PM

small project

not posted herebefore so thought i would see what yas thinks of this i'm working on,
will let it tell the story user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

fresh pic due to rethink of lighting, shaders and rendering my worst part of this game any advice welcomed not finnished yet but getting there i think

laters

edited due to change in direction with the rendering

Last edited by Visitor; 08-11-2005 at 05:32 PM.
# 2 31-10-2005 , 08:18 PM
it's certainly getting there. i like the attention to detail.
user added image

# 3 01-11-2005 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
yea i agree, fantastic detail. I really like the model. How long have you spent on it so far?

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 4 01-11-2005 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
its very high off the ground, thoes hot rods were very low to the ground.
very nice work, very real looking paint and textures

and i dont like that gate protecting the blower belt, looks tacky, i like to see the belt just raw wide open unprotected

First year 3D Grad
# 5 12-11-2005 , 08:58 PM
sorry been busy with things and forgot to check update this here

thanks for the replies time spent has been spread over the last month lots of bumps along the road lots of remaking bits

hight is simply a matter of personal tast really normally the lower rods have extended chassis simple search will show plenty of this hight ............ yout coment is very welcomed and there will be a lowered version amongst a few styles i have in mind for this project

wouldn't mind some advice as far as rendering/shaders go on this thing been playing around with a paint scheme this is only a temp tryout but would apreciate some feedback on it

user added image

thanks in advance

# 6 20-11-2005 , 06:31 PM

# 7 20-11-2005 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
hi, ok the modling looks really good dash is vey nice, not much crit really but the chrome seems a little plastic looking and the car paint is slightly grainy.
Hope this helps u out. like i say not much to crit. Good work.

# 8 21-11-2005 , 08:29 AM
thank for looking magicsy and thans for comment

all shaders are very work in progress so your help there is definatly welcomed

chrome i agreed there was something but i been looking at it that long i was chrome blind and the plastic coment hits it on the head thanks

paint it is a heavy ish metalic paint i'm after so i'll work on it a little more to try and improve this is a close up of it just to see what ya think on it
https://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2124/grillbadge2oe.jpg

thanks again

# 9 23-11-2005 , 12:42 PM
Looks excellent, you obviously invested a lot of time into this project.

The only thing I would do at this point, as I'm sure you'll continue to tweak this to no ends...would be to beef up that occlusion pass (if you have one....) I'm assuming this was rendered in mental ray. It would make a world of a difference. The shaders (on the engine specifically) are a little too clean.

Sometimes I'll cheat and render an occlusion pass with a low sampling setting just to make things look a little grungy, provided there are no stellar closeups.

Good job, keep it up.

# 10 23-11-2005 , 07:23 PM
thanks for taking some time out to coment and the advice Co0KiEmAn

time: been at it for just over a month and a bit so far

your next paragragh just went well above my head and knowhow :attn:

this is were i fail when it comes to finnishing things off all i done render wise is use IBL set the FG a bit and hit the render button

can you explain this occlusion pass a little more as i've not a clue what it is {will go do a search and see what i can find out meantime}} this is first time i've really pushed something as far as shadeing and rendering is involved and i'm doing my best to get as good a final render as is possible so any futher help would be massivly welcomed

TiA

# 11 24-11-2005 , 07:04 PM
i'm still plodding along here in the deep water of textures and rendering user added image

working on my exhaust pipes at the moment trying to get the heat bloom from when things been hot user added image

https://img424.imageshack.us/img424/9...pesrend7co.jpg

any hints advice on improvements greatly apreciated struggleing big time is I user added image user added image

# 12 12-12-2005 , 07:55 AM
little revival as i'm after an opinion

do i keep the rag top or not

oh and the paint work is very much WIP but it gives idea of direction

user added image

user added image

TiA Vis

# 13 20-12-2005 , 05:46 AM
forgot to post this another crappy render :headbang:

user added image