Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-02-2003 , 09:25 PM

The Army - mayaguy_dr

hi all,

well. i guess everyone is busy with their helicopters, fighter planes for the competition. I too would like to take part. Even though i'm still a newbie, i want to participate just for fuun and improving my skills.

i'm working on missile carrier and hope i would finish it off by month end. i have really slow internet connection, so i can't upload my screenshots daily, but i'll try my best to provide them

# 2 16-02-2003 , 09:46 PM
Kevin
nice start mate! not long left now so "kev cracks the whip" user added image

# 3 16-02-2003 , 10:52 PM
hi kevin,

i've a doubt 'coz i never took part in the competition.

do i need to apply textures and render it in Mental Ray ? or is it just abt modelling ?

# 4 17-02-2003 , 09:13 PM
Great start! My Harrier has been going slowly but I will try to make much improvement until my next update... When was the competition over? And is it like mayaguy_dr said? Does it have to be textured or is it the modeling that is important?