Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 27-07-2005 , 06:01 PM
hi,
thanks for the comments guys,

im not very happy with if just now, Going to have a test toninght and try to make it more like a swamp area rather than a nice little forest.

BMS:
yeah i agree about the grass but i dont think the first image is that much better cause it looks like it has just been cut nice and short, going to make it look a bit more wild and uneven.

mhcannon:
Definitly agree bout it being to dark behind the trees, i looked at it today at work and it looked alot darker than i imagined cause i use a TFT monitor at home and it really makes things look that little bit birghter.

baheno:
The DOF was just a quick cheat i did in photoshop to simulate DOF, will do some tests in Maya when i and finished with everything else.

msb:
Was going to leave the character until last, my test model does the job just now. Might change it just cause you have pointed it out but its not important to me just now user added image

Thanks all

# 32 27-07-2005 , 06:48 PM
user added image great scene!
I guess I'm going to loose this competition user added image

# 33 28-07-2005 , 09:59 AM

Im out

Hi all,

Had some bad news today, The company that i work for has just folded so i am now jobless:shakehead

So i cant continue any further with this competition as i need to get a new job, move house and cancel my internet etc..

Good luck to everyone else involed and hopefully when i get back on my feet again i can enter another comp.

Take care all.
John

# 34 28-07-2005 , 10:52 AM
oh shit... that can't feel too good...

good luck m8, hope to see you back soon

:hug:

# 35 28-07-2005 , 02:33 PM
Oh man, are you kiding me?! Well i'm very sorry to hear that man, that sucks big time.

Well I hope things get better and you find that new job soon, very soon so you can finish this challenge!!!

Good luck,

regard

vedic

# 36 28-07-2005 , 02:41 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about that too man, good luck!

I'm sure with your skill at this it shouldn't be too hard to find another company to pick you up.

# 37 28-07-2005 , 04:18 PM
mant that's bad

hope you got job soon

best of luck

# 38 30-07-2005 , 12:04 AM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry to here of your current trouble user added image

Good luck with the job hunting

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 39 31-07-2005 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
Damn man, that has to suck. Now I know what I have to look forward to when I grow up.......Im never leaving my house again. Again, sorry about your job situation, best of luck, I am sure though that you can find something, you seem to know the tools of your trade very well. And, I bet you have some other type of skills than just 3d stuff. Wait a second, Im not even sure your recent job was 3d related, oh well. At least you can always get into that. But seriously, good luck.

# 40 05-08-2005 , 09:34 PM

WooHoo

hi guys,

thanks for the comments, have got myself a contract job at EA games user added image
this should help me out a bit, its not for long but hopfuly might lead to a full time job, then i can get back to entering these comps.
Everyones work has changed soo much since the last time i looked, Keep it up all.
Take care,
John

# 41 05-08-2005 , 10:33 PM
Wow, cool man! How the hell did you get a job at EA? I would love to have a job doing 3d stuff! Well I think I need to move or something, I live in a very small twon in oregon, Maybe LA would be a good place to live?

Anyways good luck with your job man!! And hope you can come back and finish this challenge soon!

# 42 06-08-2005 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
EA GAMES, NICE MAN NICE:attn: , thats soo tight dude!!:p

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 43 06-08-2005 , 01:49 AM
Jeez, Congratulations!!!!!

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 44 06-08-2005 , 01:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
congrats!

# 45 06-08-2005 , 01:33 PM
well done! user added image

does it mean you'll be back in the competition? I think everyone would really like to see your work finished user added image