Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-04-2009 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber

RC car from SM download section

Hello at all!! user added image
I have downloaded the rc car and thought that I probably can bring it into a scene...
Thats my work for now! What do you think?? C&C???
Probably you can tell me what I did wrong with the caustics settings, because the shadows are too dark and the caustic effekt dosen´t appear right!!!

Best regards to you... cheers..

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-04-2009 , 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
I totally forgot about the download section. Is the whole thing made of glass? I ask because some parts that are supposed to be transparent look black, I think you may need to increase the refractions. As far as caustics, maybe your photon intensity is too low and you may need to play with the accuracy settings.

- Genny
# 3 08-04-2009 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
Yes it is completely Glas!
I was wondering about the black parts too, but I catched me a Glas (in real worlduser added image) and made a scene like the CgI and I saw the black areas too!!!

probably there are to strong black areas, but they can occur and are a part of Glas refractions... I think so and learned it that way...

I will try with your advices!!! Thanks a lot!!
:attn:

# 4 08-04-2009 , 10:23 AM
I actually thought it was chrome... but the black areas are obiously black because of the black environment that it reflects.

# 5 08-04-2009 , 10:41 AM
Subscriber
I only rendererd with GI, FG, RT, Caustics
If there was a HDR map for IBL, then there were not black reflections, as you sad right!

Thats a matter of argument to think about an environment map!
I think I must reconsider the hole projekt, because a chrome effekt wasn´t traced from my side!!!

And every work is not for the own sympathy, as much more for other people...

this evening I post the new one...