Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-06-2007 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber

Kurt Boutilier pls help

hi i have downloaded your video tutorial walk cycle but the pre-rigged body i downloaded didnt work as it should.
I have tried to ask on the forum but didnt get anything usefull maybe you can help since you made the tutorial.

the problem is:
when I am suppose to only move the left foot (and some of the leg (about 1 min in part one)) the whole body moves along!
user added image user added image user added image
I have downloaded all 3 parts an cant make it the first minute in nr 1... pls help
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image
I am using maya 8 it might bee the problem

is it just a setting i need to fix or was it a waste of monny??

pls hurry i am in a stressed situation

# 2 16-06-2007 , 11:11 PM
Sounds like your IK's select each IK in the foot there is most likely 3. Hit control A to bring up there atributes> find the menu IK attributes and make sure all your IK are sticky. Will be a little pull down menu.

If i rember right a few members have had the problem and that was the trouble.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 16-06-2007 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
sorry but it dosnt work.

I dont get it I select the IK-handle open the attributes (ctrl a) then i find "IK Handle Attributes" where i find "stickiness" and change it from off to sticky but the same thing happens

i have added a pic of the problem... the body should stay in "in" the center line (marked with red)

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 17-06-2007 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
maybe there is some sort of expression on the COG thats making it follow the foots movement.
disable any expressions there might be.

it seems there is a relationship between them judging by your screen shot. because the COG seems to turn pink when you have the left foot selected.

# 5 17-06-2007 , 10:40 AM
Subscriber
sorry cant you give a step by step way to fix it ???

btw thank you

"If some thing is hard to do it isnt worth doing"
# 6 17-06-2007 , 02:00 PM
I dont have the model any more.. If there is a expression it would be either on the root or the foot controls.. it should pop up on your channel box as a little pull down menu.. once you fine the expression change it so it will say take no action...

This tut was done on a eariler vershion of maya as well and might be found in a different location.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 17-06-2007 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
would it help if i Downloaded the CHARACTER PROJECT - RIGGING tutorial ??? and rigged my own character??

btw i still want help with this can i send the model to you (with private message?)

I just tried to select the foot joint and > Node behavior > and changed the "node State" from normal to "HasNoEffect" ... and it HAS NO EFFECT!!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: user added image user added image

Thanks for the help guys user added image

# 8 17-06-2007 , 03:03 PM
Subscriber
hi maybe i know what the problem is ^^ how do you decide what a handle affects?

# 9 17-06-2007 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber
never mind!!! i know how to do it now !! :attn: :attn: :attn:

I forgot to set "has no effect" for all the foot joints hahahaha :attn: :attn: ! yay

thanks for the help guys ! i dunno what i would have done with out you :attn: :attn: :attn:

btw you should proberly say it some where when you dl the tut... because this is kinda...