Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-11-2005 , 01:20 PM

Nov/Dec - Noob - Ph0N37Ic5

I think noob is the best place for me to participate, I have done things in many other 3d programs before, but not too much in maya.

I will [try to] model a Yamaha 01V96 v2 digital mixing console. We'll se how it goes.

-Ph0N37Ic5

Attached Images

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 2 07-11-2005 , 02:02 PM
A fairly complex model you've chosen. It will be interesting to see the final result.

Anyway good luck and happy modeling.user added image

# 3 07-11-2005 , 08:28 PM
A bit of progress.

Attached Thumbnails

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 4 07-11-2005 , 08:30 PM
Ok! So you got the basic shape. Are u using NURBS, cuz if u r, I would suggest Polygons.

# 5 09-11-2005 , 08:33 AM
I'm using polygons, I'm most comfortable with working with them, so I didn't really think about using nurbs. It's modelled from a cube, and I tried to keep the front as cleen as possible as quite a few things will be showing up there as I progress.

I've started making grooves to put buttons and things in, but I haven't had much time as I spent all yesterday in one of IBM's servererooms, trying to clear up some mess, made when inventoring the place. Someone really flamingoed up.
So this is all I got so far, but I must say, drawing stright lines on the plane home from Denmark isn't the easiest thing I've done.

Attached Images

Last edited by Ph0N37Ic5; 09-11-2005 at 08:36 AM.