Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 256 18-08-2009 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
May the force be with you.

In dont believe the emperor is dead. One day he will come back and bring balance to the force.

Last edited by taquion; 19-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.
# 257 27-05-2010 , 04:06 PM
Subscriber

coudnt resist

free memory low..exception thrown
# 258 27-05-2010 , 09:03 PM
The thin red line
Hi paldav
I did not know that you did so much work on Star Wars, make it better than the original that is looking very dated now.........dave

# 259 31-05-2010 , 10:40 AM
Subscriber
O.K, So my last version of the trench dive still sucked, i went back and rebuilt some of the peices. Its the lighting thats so tricky, i got lighters block.

So then i discovered that when this shot was put together in the original film they used a mat painting, the laser flashes were used to cut to the bit where the camera dives into the actual trench at the last minuet, since i can get the lighting somthing like from 1 angle ( when i move the camera round it blows out the render ) i am going to do a very high res still to zoom into in post, then i will just animate the trench bit.

Attached Thumbnails

# 260 31-05-2010 , 02:07 PM
Subscriber
just trying to get the perspective correct

Attached Thumbnails

# 261 31-05-2010 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
for the love of Christ man, how did you keep your sanity while greebling that thing?

i mean, i see its a lot of the same shapes repeated over and over. and I am a self proclaimed hard Surface Guru, and love greebles as much as the next guy but for seals sakes! ( ....translate seal to the french spelling for correct phrase )

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 262 31-05-2010 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
LOL

Cheers Zombie, well during my researches i discovered that most of the death star and trench were made up of 6 standard pieces ,and i found drawings of em!

Lighting is my big challenge as ive never spent too much time on it, thats why the rendering of the Lambo i just finished isnt happening yet, so i am trying render layers and post instead, hoping i will stumble across a look that i can replicate.

Attached Thumbnails

# 263 01-06-2010 , 08:27 AM
Lifetime Member
for f...s sake dude (that is in English not French) that is AAAWWWWSSSOOOOMMMEEEEEE.

I agree with the zombie!!! man you must have a drip filled with coffee attached directly to the brain for that one!!!!!

Bloody hell mate, that is some serious delirious work a happenin!!!

cheers bullet

makes my Spitfire effort an atomic particule!!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 264 01-06-2010 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
LoL Bullet mate, you tracked down the translation eh?
you sick twisted seal you...LoL

yea Paldav, i saw about 4 pieces that were randomly moved about, and changed up some ( circular shapes that were cut in in 1/4 or half and such ) still either way, its tedious, my hats off to you mate.

When i was doing the tie fighter before i recorded the tutorial here that went up a month or so ago, that wing section was murder for me and hell it only took me an hour to do it. ( give or take) I think if i remember right, there are 12 unique shapes in that wing on either side...

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 265 01-06-2010 , 04:12 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL g-man...nah mate I just instinctively knew what it meant........bahahaha.......twisted like you bro. You affected my position...bahahah

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 266 02-06-2010 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber
Am now trying to make it look less cartoony, i'm currently using 4 or 5 render passes

flat color with 1 ambient light

1 x over exposed 1 x directional light

1 x ambiant occlusion

1 x highlight black Phong with 1 x directional light

Please crit, i been staring at it too long

gonna be a long job to render 250 frames

Attached Thumbnails

# 267 02-06-2010 , 07:07 AM
Lifetime Member
250!!!! jeez Louise!!!

Where is the trench gone mate???

Its a lot darker than before.

Looks ok though kind of plastic with the directional light (I assume its the one in the back)

Other than that once the motion is on I dont think you will notice

cheers bullet

You might need some coffee for the next session by the looks of it

:bow:

bullet1968

# 268 09-06-2010 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
Another rebuild!!!

I cant ... will not give up!!

I am not goint to get the exact likeness of the original, i accept that now, so i just need to get somthing i am happy with, i have had to work on getting the surface a lot lighter polygon wise, it was becoming unworkable. So a little more cheating later and this is where i am

Attached Thumbnails

# 269 09-06-2010 , 12:35 PM
Lifetime Member
d..o.n.t gi..ve..u.u.up p p mate. Rooaaarrrrr flex...gnrrr..flex..you beast!!!

It does actually look better, it has an atmosphere by the looks??? It seems a little lighter so easier on the eye I think. You are turning this into a hidden object game arent you!!!

Jokes mate, it looks good, not so dark now. Have you changed the position of some of the diddly bits?

cheers bullet

P.S Brasil ran out of coffee

bullet1968

# 270 10-06-2010 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber
I found more coffee in costa rica!!

so i have got all the basic layers done, am now working on getting the gun turret and lasers rendered then i can get it all together in AE, the i will put it on the tube.

Attached Thumbnails