Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-12-2008 , 01:13 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

gameports

how comes games straight from console to pc require such large resources it really doesnt make sense and its very disheartening

# 2 11-12-2008 , 07:43 PM
Dunno really, but arn't PC games better on the GFX front?

Could be that theres various different texture levels for the differeing configurations/performance of computers, which with a console theres only one level to go for?

Someone in the gaming industry would be better off answering, MIKE!!!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 11-12-2008 , 09:11 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by gster123
Someone in the gaming industry would be better off
answering, MIKE!!!!

hahaha

i think you're right gster, i think it has to do with them knowing exactly what they are making the textures/models/animations for whereas with pc games there's litterally billions of different setups that the game could be run on so when converting from console to pc the developers would have to make it more open ended, that way they have more of an audience than they would if they just kept it for the specs that the console has, because i'm sure there arent too many people, when a console game is first released on pc, that have the same, or better, specs than the console would...

my finger tips are numb from typping that user added image

# 4 12-12-2008 , 06:04 AM
I would say making the game work with an OS and all those antivirus apps and firewalls requires plenty of work. Programming for a game console, when there isn't much running except for the game is easier. There is no need to ask permission from the OS to access memory, or do something a specific way so the whole system doesn't get brought down.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!