Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-05-2003 , 01:00 AM

Knock! Knock! AKA Adding A Door To A Pre-Built Scene

It's your friendly neighborhood Russbo back again with more questions than answers here, folks! user added image In the following shot I've rendered I have a mighty fine doorway built by yours truly with a very helpfully explained lighting method by Mr. Nem (thanks, dude) with an ambient light thrown in so you can see the doorway. It won't stay lit like that. It's just hard to see the doorway without lighting it this way.

Anyway, my question is this. I want to add a door to this lovely doorway to complete the illusion of a normal room (I mean, how many living rooms do you know of that have open doorways that lead to bum f'n nowhere?!) and I've tried to build me a door using the CV curve tool and the Side view to get the curve of said doorway. I've taken the curve I made, duped it, lofted them, Isoparmed them, closed the curves, blah blah blah. When I tried to move the "door", it would come all apart as it moved. How would you guys do this... building the door and adding it to the scene, that is? I mean, here I am right now... user added image ... and this is where I really wanna be... user added image ...or even here... user added image Or even better yet... :banana: Any and all help is, as always, appreciated!

Yours,
Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 17-05-2003 , 01:38 AM
When you say that it "came all apart as it moved" did you delete the history on the door geometry before you moved it?

Because that would make it stay together.

?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 17-05-2003 , 02:25 AM
So Rage, my boy, you're saying I just delete the construction history... then move it? :wow: Oh man... Derrrrr! Sorry man. Never thought of that. Thanks! I'll give that a try. Dang, I'm such a goob! user added image (Spoken in my best inbred redneck accent)

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com