Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-05-2004 , 09:26 PM

tech question

hello people,
im a newbie to the site. when I was reinstalling maya on my system, i got a new little message. I was in the middle of installing the shader library, and it said that the "data1.cab" file was corrupt or something. I tried installing it again from a folder I copied from the cd, and then once again from the cd itself. so how does a file that has not been tampered with get corrupt? is there a new file that I can find somewhere that will replace this one? any help would be greatly apprecieated.
also, a while back i bought an nvidia geforce 5600 card a while back, and just found out that the geforce series are not qualified to run maya. is there anything I can do? thank you
Kevin

# 2 09-05-2004 , 08:34 AM
there must be a scratch or so on the cd with the result that it cannot be read - this usually brings up the message that a file is corrupt. Files that are on a cd cannot just go corrupt otherwise. there is no other option than to contact Alias and get another cd copy.
can't help with the graphics card other than that nVidia Quadro series are certified by Alias - but you must know that by now
good luck

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...