Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-06-2004 , 08:08 PM

Problem with animating

I made this animation and it works perfectly but there's one little problem. There's a clock in the scene and I can't get the arrows to move in the right direction they are constantly moving backwards instead of forwards. I don't understand why I tried a lot of things and I tried to make the arrows again and again but everytime it gives the same problem. Sometimes it moves a while in the good direction but thean another keyfram later it moves backwards again. Does anyone know why and can anyone help me change it?! It has to be finished by monday because its for a school assignment!

(check the attachment)
greetz Maya

Attached Files
File Type: mb 5.mb (788.0 KB, 202 views)

-- Maya --
Pentium 4, Radeon 9800 Pro,
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT
# 2 21-06-2004 , 08:46 PM
Not sure what version of Maya you're using, but I can't open it in Maya 5. Maybe the PLE? Those files won't open in registered copies of Maya. Sorry.

My guess is you are animating one of your rotation axis from 0 to 360 (or something like that). Try changing the end value to -360 (or whatever value, you get the idea).

# 3 22-06-2004 , 07:55 AM
okay I'll try I use Maya 6 btw

-- Maya --
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT
# 4 22-06-2004 , 02:23 PM
I tried it and it worked user added image txs for your help!!
greetz 'Maya

-- Maya --
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT